Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Expresspcb -TO-18 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

looking at the TO-18 case in express pc board I think its wrong??
I drew out an NPN transistor then linked to a pcb file and it dosn't jive with the data sheet or ??
maybe I am crazy but ??
I drew out two transistor circuits and using a T)-18 case it comes out wrong I am pretty sure??

Attachments

• Capture5-7-2009-5.35.06 AM.jpg
    Capture5-7-2009-5.35.06 AM.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 472
looking at the TO-18 case in express pc board I think its wrong??
I drew out an NPN transistor then linked to a pcb file and it dosn't jive with the data sheet or ??
maybe I am crazy but ??
I drew out two transistor circuits and using a T)-18 case it comes out wrong I am pretty sure??
You may prefer manual routing forgetting the artwork's internal instruction. Later, it can be analyzed. If possible upload the schematic file so that some one can cross check it and offer comments.

Last edited:
Why are you using an antique TO-18 case?

It is wrong. The tab is near the emitter so it has the emitter and collector pins shown backwards.

Why are you using an antique TO-18 case?

It is wrong. The tab is near the emitter so it has the emitter and collector pins shown backwards.
Perhaps he said that the package is showing wrongly and you have also said the same. the tab should have been emitter. but the package puts otherwise.

To have a cross check i asked Mr DEB to upload the schematic file of express pcb for a possible simulation

I got curious about post on 2n2369

I got to reading it and thought something didn't look right.
I drew up simple schematic then put in into a pc board format(see my post w/ screen shot) and got to realizing the express pcb comp[onet for the TO-18 looked wrong.
I haven't use a TO-18 in years much less a 2n2369.
I was wondering if perhaps the poster about transistor question has the TO-18 wired right.
Oh yea by the way I ran a smulation of the circuit and it should work??
this post is just a HEADS UP that express pcb has wrong componet layout.

Attachments

• Capture5-7-2009-7.43.28 AM.jpg
    Capture5-7-2009-7.43.28 AM.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Capture5-7-2009-5.35.06 AM.jpg
    Capture5-7-2009-5.35.06 AM.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 221
The student with an antique 2N2369A transistor probably has one that is shorted.

I got to reading it and thought something didn't look right.
I drew up simple schematic then put in into a pc board format(see my post w/ screen shot) and got to realizing the express pcb comp[onet for the TO-18 looked wrong.
I haven't use a TO-18 in years much less a 2n2369.
I was wondering if perhaps the poster about transistor question has the TO-18 wired right.
Oh yea by the way I ran a smulation of the circuit and it should work??
this post is just a HEADS UP that express pcb has wrong componet layout.
Mr DEB, i fear you defined the pins wrongly
for example, please see the sheet 2 of the attached data sheet of generic TO-18
it is clear that pin1 is at Tab, and pin3 away
so emitter number in the schematic should be 1 and collector should be 3
please mod it and you get it correctly.

Attachments

• to_18_metal_can.pdf
    133.3 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Using the componet from expresspc

THE component is wrong. I inserted the component from the program and it comes out wrong.
I realized the program is wrong.
just giving a heads up on pin conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back