Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Experts! Please help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeno

:) Hi there. I have no idea at all to start my electronics project. Actually it was my final project. I'm thinking of to build motorcycle alarm. The big problem of me is I dont have any experince building any project yet. I'm consider 'O' in practical part.

I hope anybody out there can suggest me what to do and how to do it. Please.

deeno. :idea:

deeno said:
:) Hi there. I have no idea at all to start my electronics project. Actually it was my final project. I'm thinking of to build motorcycle alarm. The big problem of me is I dont have any experince building any project yet. I'm consider 'O' in practical part.

I hope anybody out there can suggest me what to do and how to do it. Please.

deeno. :idea:
First question is, do you know microcontrollers ? Or are you allowed to use them? If yes, then https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/circuit-impedance-loading.15292/.
If no, you will have to use classic TTL's or CMOS to do the job..

You are not specific enough.

How should the alarm sound? do you want intermittent or a continuous tone? and how long is it supposed to sound, and what conditions are required to start and stop the sound?

If all you need is an intermittent alarm that goes off at the motorcycle when someone puts their foot on the pedal, just make yourself an astable multivibrator, and instead of using a switch to turn the circuit on and off, make a big push-button. This button will be right on the foot pedal. As soon as someone (you included) puts their foot on the pedal, the alarm makes the intermittent tone until the battery is disconnected or the person removes his/her foot from the pedal.

Hi there!

Thanks for replied.

For Jay.Slovak

I've learned microcontrollers and I allowed to use it. Tq.

For mstecha

My plan is to make a remote motorcycle alarm. Thats mean I should have a remote device and the alarm. The purpose of the remote is to alert (another alarm system) me that my motocycle is in the risk of theft. But its only effective in the range of 100m (prototype range -targeted more distance if possible). With that remote control I can reset the alarm sounding from the motorcycle and from the remote itself.

The alarm sound continuosly for remote control and the alarm for the motorcycle. The reset button is set in the remote and a secret button for the motorcycle.

The operation of the system.

- When someone move the motorcycle stand the alarm will trigger. The transmitter then send RF signal to the receiver in the remote so both alarm from the motorcycle and the remote trigger. The alarm will not stop sounding until you push the button on the remote or the secret button on the motorcylce or the power disconnected. The remote also have the transmitter to send RF signal to the receiver in the motorcylce.

The problem.

- I dont know how to start.
:cry:

Hiya Deeno,
Eh oatley electronics have an electronic kit that would be perfect for you check out this link to it **broken link removed**

Cheers Bryan :D

The following completes 75% of your work:

Search for a FM tone transmitter circuit and build it.
Search for a superregenerative receiver and build it.
Go to takingelectronics.com and locate the circuit for their Stereo VU meter.

Hook up the stereo VU meter to the output of the superregenerative receiver.

Once you done all that, what happens is when the transmitter and the receiver are at the same frequency and they both are on, the LED's will go with the transmitter signal.

now change an LED or two in such a way, where it turns off an oscillator. (could be an astable multivibrator).

I'm thinking a smallmicrocontroller might be easier.

Start building, show us some schematics, and we can take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back