Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excel and Eng units??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

Does anyone know of how you can get Excel to display numbers in eng units ie 3.33e-5 as 33.3u or at the very least 33.3e-6

or: 3.33e-7 as 333n or at the least 333e-9

Simple -- select the cell (or range of cells) to which you want to apply the format. Right-click on the selected cell(s) and select "Format cells" from the context menu. Click the "Number" tab, and then select "Scientific" from the list of number format options...

ChrisP said:
Click the "Number" tab, and then select "Scientific" from the list of number format options...

But this gives you scientific notation, the poster asked for engineering notation. Click "Number", then just paste the following into the format box:

##0.0E+0

This gives you only powers of 3, so 1.2e-7 goes to 120e-9, etc.

format the cell, and under category choose CUSTOM... and in the box choose ##0.00E+0 and you should be all set.

crust... there is no format box under NUMBER, it's under CUSTOM... at least in the version of office that I have... this may differ in other versions...

Oops -- I misread that one! Of course, it did seem like too simple a question.... and yes, the "custom" method posted is the answer for powers-of-three notation... :oops:

excelent, this has been bugging me for years. Chears :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back