Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EVOTEL TV PSU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wits7740

I own an EVOTEL ELCD32USB LCD TV (SAMSUNG GUTS). I was watching the TV last night when i heard a POP and the TV went off. I checked the fuse in the plug it was open circuit. The fuse was replaced and plugged the TV back in and the same POP happened straight away with the fuse blowing again.

The PSU (PT No E190219(c) or LK4180-001B) shown in attachment is fitted. I have looked at the capacitors and none show signs of blowing. The capacitors on the mother board also have no signs of blowing.

Please Help

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 389
My guess is that either:

1. Shorted diode on the bridge rectifier
2. Chopper IC is blown

I am no expert on LCD TV. Nigel is.

I am sure he will reply shortly.

Cheers

There is no sign of burning or components smelling like they have blown. The fuse on the board and in the plug are both 5 ampand have both blown. Have manged to source an entrie board from shop jimmy

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back