Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO/Tools, Unusable Condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi Mods, Admin.
The Tools programming has not been maintained for many months and the Tools etc, are unusable and look a real mess.
Any newcomers being directed/linked to Tools will get a very poor impression of ETO.

I would suggest that if Admin does not want to refurbish them and keep them upto date, the complete Tools section be deleted.

Eric

Would be interested to hear the opinions of my fellow members.

Agreed! These should be maintained.... The deletion would be a last resort as I think they have been very useful..

dmiyares If you talk to Eric, see if you can agree on maintaining these tools... Eric did write most of them!!

If revived, perhaps that section could be supplemented with tools (original scripts or links to sites) that are not oriented to the 555 and very basic stuff.

For example, there are several sites to help calculate the values for PIC PWM registers, e.g., https://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/097-pwm-calculator.html I have referenced that calculator several times. It might be beneficial to keep such references in house.

If that suggestion is considered viable, then perhaps a group should be formed to pick the top version, plus maybe an alternative site(s) for each calculator. Without such selection discrimination, the list will grow quickly to something that is less helpful than a Google search.

When you're after some info, the last thing I care about is how messy it might be...

Like the Title of this Thread states, the Tools are unusable, so the last thing you would get from the visiting Tools, would be info.

Like the Title of this Thread states, the Tools are unusable, so the last thing you would get from the visiting Tools, would be info.
Which ones are unusable? I just tried five or six of them and they still work. A few of them are missing images but the inputs, outputs, and calculations still seem to work.

hi Matt,
Try from LM317, about number 8 and down, the graphics are missing.
The layouts are missing in part.

The first few tools were posted by Phil Gay

E

OK Eric has been kind enough to test the tools. There were some wonky directories which broke. Images, CSS & Javascript files weren't being found and thus everything broke. Biggest problem was the javascript. You don't have that you don't have calculator. Anyhow. Cleaned up everything and relinked. Added cleaner CSS where I could.

If anyone notices something not working correctly please PM me.

-D

hi D.
Some images are missing and also some of the ETO background panels.
I will an image of what the original looked like.
E

hi.
Before and after screen clips.
E

Attachments

• A001.gif
    A001.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 241
  • A004.gif
    A004.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 259
hi,
All the functions are working as expected.:)

Do want another pair of screen clips for a different tool.?

E

hi,
This linked Tool is working OK.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/tools/PSUCapV2.php

This linked Tool LM3914 is corrupt,
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/tools/LM3914V2.php
Also the LM3915a image, shows that that Tool is also corrupt.

The LM3914 and LM3915 are identical in layout.

The LM3915a image shows the corrupt view, the LM3914 tool is the same.

The _OK image is what the layout should be for the LM3914 and LM3915.

For ref: the difference between the 3914 and 3915 is the program maths, one is a linear device the other a logarithmic.

If you have any queries please ask.
E

BTW: I am working from the bottom up on the Tools listing.

EDIT:
The first 5 Tools working from top of the Tools list are not mine, they are Phil's.

Attachments

• lm3915a.gif
    lm3915a.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 253
  • LM3914n5_OK.gif
    LM3914n5_OK.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
hi D,
Ref your PM for original php/htm/imgs, attached zip for Lm3914 and Lm3915.
Includes the master images folder.
Posted the zip here as I cannot seem to attach a file to a PM.?
E
Damn, the site will not accept a file just under3mB, will split it up and try later

EDIT:
this zip has the LM3914/6 htm and php files and images,
You will need the jQueryui download in order to compile/run the tools

Attachments

• zip1.zip
    96.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back