Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet with micro controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

Hi there,
I have one micro controller board with serial interface and i want to expand it with Ethernet micro controller and eliminate the serial port. since i have not enough knowledge about Ethernet and working with it, is it comfortable?
do Ethernrt micro controllers have OS? do Ethernrt micro controllers support TCP protocol?

Google for this one. Realtek has the chips you will need. You can pull them off $11 ethernet cards as well. You will have to write your own UDP stack though, but google I am sure will find you the code as well.

So find an old realtek ethernet card and google for microcontroller and ethernet and you will find projects out there.

That is a pretty broad question. perhaps a better approach is to use a complete ethernet module like digi connect or lantronix xport. more expensive but definitely easier to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back