Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ethernet project ideas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue1

Hello again all,I hope everyone is having a good summer..I know they already make things like this,but I feel I can build it way cheaper and have it better fit my needs..Anyway,Here's the idea.I would like to have an ethernet controlled fireworks detonator mounted in a pelican case with outputs mounted on the back going to e-match(homeade),and a battery with a wireless router mounted inside.I would also obviously have all my relays inside as well..

So I did some research on ethernet boards and they are plentiful.I just need some help in getting started in the right direction.Most I see have daughter boards that have multiple functions,one of which has relays with multiple outputs.These can easily be constructed.
So aside from being sent in a good direction,I wanted to know how these boards are controlled.Is it browser based or is there client software? Some I see are made by Micro,so do they program like PICS? Thanks for all the help,it is much appreciated...:)

P.S.- I also have other ideas for this circuit around the house... :)

Wrong forum. Read the sticky at the top.

This forum is for completed projects. If you want ideas, go to the Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews forum.

The powers of the invisible admin!

THe ethernet boards the OP is talking about...are you just talking about processor boards with ethernet and other functions built in? If so, then everything to control it will have to be coded into the processor board by you, as well as whatever you are using to send ethernet signals the processor board.

Last edited:
I use a Rabit 2000 evauluation board. It's kind of expensive, but it comes with all the libraires you need to get a network app up and running. It has libraires to allow you to build custom browser baised apps.

I can't help a whole lot more. I got mine controlling some lights before it crapped out. Didn't want to spend $200 on a replacement.

Thank you all for the replys.I will look into that rabbit board. So when it was working for you,did you control the lights with your computer,and if so was it a program that came with the Dev board,or was it browser based..To simplify my original question without the fireworks junk; I would like to make LED's turn on,through the Ethernet board from my computer..:)

Thank you all for the replys.I will look into that rabbit board. So when it was working for you,did you control the lights with your computer,and if so was it a program that came with the Dev board,or was it browser based..To simplify my original question without the fireworks junk; I would like to make LED's turn on,through the Ethernet board from my computer..:)

It was totally supplied with the board. There was a development systme which included the compiler and example applications. You can start with the samples, and modify then to suit your needs. Also, the controls worked through a browser. That code was supplied as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back