Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 fun - no question or problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I settled on using the esp board definitions for Arduino. I use Microsoft's Visual Studio with the visual micro plugin for serious code.

Several tutorials on how to get Arduino to compile ESP code.

In short first under preferences "Additional Board Manager URL's add
https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json

then install esp8266 by ESP8266 Community (I am using ver 2.3.0)
and select Wemos Min from the board list.

This is mostly from mem so if it don't work check out one of the how too's

I too am waiting on the Wemos Mini's, from banggood. I have the larger wemos boards.

Last edited:
Thanks, will give those a try.

Am also using VM but with Studio 7 ( almost 100% VS I think ) which keeps things interchangeable with ardunio IDE.

Fortunately quiet a few UK based suppliers now stocking these Mini boards at good prices for next day delivery, no waiting for 2 weeks from China.:)

3v0 I have a few PIRs connected around the house. Pushetta is so straight forward. It's great to know whats going on in the house when Im not there. :)
I have one Arduino YUN and the rest are Raspberry Pis... I havent figured out how to use the Wemos DI Mini yet. would you mind posting your code so I can check out how you use the Wifi and push data to Pushetta.

thanks!

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back