Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Esp8266 2 individual interrupts possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
The reference says I can have any pin 'cept 16 as an interrupt.
I have 2 flow sensors with hall o/p's.
One is connected to pin 2, and the other pin 15.
Pin 2 one works and pin 15 doesnt.
I tried moving pin 15 to pin 0, still wont work.
Can I have 2 interrupts attached at the same time, or can I just have 1?

Even more odd, if I rem out the attach interrupt on pin 2 the interrupt on pin still doesnt work.

Last edited:
Sussed.
Various issues, the first is the flow sensors I have say they are hall effect o/p, I think either they are reed switch or open drain o/p, as they do not pull high, 1k pullups did the trick, it appears pullups are not provided within the esp on some of the gpio.
That made the thing work, but it would not boot while the sensors were connected, turns out if you connect to any pins except the I2C port it can mess up the boot cycle.
So I connected the sensors to the I2C port pins, fortunately for this job the port isnt needed.
All appears to work now.

There's only three pins that need pullup/down resistors the rest should be able to be used.

Mike.

Sussed.
Various issues, the first is the flow sensors I have say they are hall effect o/p, I think either they are reed switch or open drain o/p, as they do not pull high, 1k pullups did the trick, it appears pullups are not provided within the esp on some of the gpio.
That made the thing work, but it would not boot while the sensors were connected, turns out if you connect to any pins except the I2C port it can mess up the boot cycle.
So I connected the sensors to the I2C port pins, fortunately for this job the port isnt needed.
All appears to work now.

Some day, the ESP8266 and ESP32 parts will be fully documented - I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back