Error messages while using PICprog4u for programming PIC ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divya Sunil

I am using Multi PIC JDM programmer version 5.2 and PICprog4u for programming my PIC 16F628A. I had been using this for quite some time and it had been working alright. Now suddenly a problem has cropped up. Now when I open PICprog4u and select JDM programmer it is telling the message “Couldn’t open COM port” and after cliking OK from some 6 to 7 times it was detecting the programmer with the message “JDM programmer was found on COM1”. There after the programmer works alright. Picprog4U version I am using is 0.8.2

When I checked up the hardware tab of the PICprog4u programming window COM ports 1, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 were ticked.

On checking up the COM ports of my PC from the device manager window, I found that the same ports were present and additionally COM ports 10,11,12,13 were also present. I disabled the COM ports 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and tried programming and now my programmer works alright. Now in the first instance itself I get the “JDM programmer was found on COM1” message.

Can somebody help me to understand this:
- Why only on disabling COM 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 my programmer worked alright whereas there were 4 more ports (10,11,12,13) present on my computer.
- Probable reasons for this problem not occuring initially and suddenly started coming up.
-How can I avoid this problem for future as I cannot keep my computer poers disable always na

Also I have observed that in my PC ports only COM1 is Communications Port all others are ports are listed as blue tooth serial port (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13).

Can anybody find me a solution please !!!!!

Thanku friends

Hi Sunil,

Please check the length of cable-- i do understand it was working for quite a time-- still reduce the length to a minimum and you will not have this problem i feel.

How long should the serial cable be?

I have the same problem, saying that it can't initalise but then a second window pops up and say's that it does. I have the JDM on com 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…