Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error 302

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six-Sixteen

Hello

One time I came across a program in ASM that has a line read Error 302, something like that (i'm not quite sure). That program is for PIC16F84A.

Anybody can tell me what this means and the correct instruction/syntax?

Six-Sixteen said:
Hello

One time I came across a program in ASM that has a line read Error 302, something like that (i'm not quite sure). That program is for PIC16F84A.

Anybody can tell me what this means and the correct instruction/syntax?

They are all explained in the MPASM helpfile - 302 isn't an error, it's just a warning to remind you that you are accessing a register not in bank zero, and to be sure you switch banks before doing so. You can turn the warnings off if you want, again it's explained in the helpfile.

Dear Nigel,

Immediately I went to the help file of the MPASM, and I found what youve said. Its not Error 302, but Errorlevel -302. Thanks a lot.

I compiled my program again, and the warning's gone.

Another problem I have is that there are other warnings. They are:
Found label after column 1. (LOOP1)
Found opcode in column 1. (RETURN)
Found directive in column 1. (END)

What do these messages mean and how do I eliminate these?

MPASM wants you to put labels and code in diffirent colums, so your code gets more readable
so a label should be at the beginning of a line, while code should be 'tabbed'.

example
Code:
Start       ;label, at beginning of line

MOVLW 0x55
     MOVWF EECON1   ;code - first a TAB 

To Exo,

Now I get no error messages. Thanks to you.

Is it normal for MPASM to always include Error log file in its compilation although there are no more error messages? This error log file is 0KB.

Six-Sixteen said:
To Exo,

Now I get no error messages. Thanks to you.

Is it normal for MPASM to always include Error log file in its compilation although there are no more error messages? This error log file is 0KB.

Yes it is normal, if you had previously had an error log file saved, it would still be there - so it's overwritten with a blank file.

To Nigel,

I really appreciate your prompt help. Because of your replies I am encouraged to search for more and to do experiments regarding PICs and electronics.

And to Exo also. Thanks you're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back