Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Erasing PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebypk

:(
I accidently programmed pic16f84a with the code protect on.Now my programmer deny erasing and shows error.Please help........

The first part of programming an EEPROM based PIC is to erase it fully, including the code protection fuses - your programmer software should do this automatically.

Does your programmer specifically support the 84A?, it may be slightly different than the 84 for erasure?.

I have found that it can be both a timing issue and a voltage one...I have seen this first hand on a couple of programmers that I have fixed for friends. Better programmer software solved my problem on one occasion, and I had to add a couple of diodes to the regulators on the other one to get the voltage up a smidge as it was sagging a little below Vpp during the write cycle., strange though because it was flawless every other time. I eventually put it down to poor quality caps.

Thank U guys,
There was some problem with the wiring and now it is working fine.
I erased both the chips including the fuses.... Bye Tkx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back