Erased and protected PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
the closest i've come to destroying a PIC is sadistically ripping its pins off one by one, accidentally

Clyd3 said:
the closest i've come to destroying a PIC is sadistically ripping its pins off one by one, accidentally
I have never destroyed any PIC mechanically, only electrically. I handle them with great care :lol:

oh okay. actually it looked to me as you directly connected it.

i have had no luck in blowing up a PIC. once one got a bit hot but i think the temperature didnt rise to the "burn your fingers and transfer the prints to the PIC" temperature :lol: i had a bit of bad luck once when i inserted the PIC backwards in a P16PRO40 programmer. the programmer doesnt works now :lol:

Meaby the transistor switching on the Vdd got overloaded and burned out.

I put in the ICSP cable backward a cuple of times so it got 13V on RB7.Luckuly it cant suply more than 1 mA of it so the internal didodes protected it.

My mom once killed an PIC whith ESD.Wearing wool and in winter are the perfect condidtons for staric to develop.Then i cont program it and i toght there is somting wrong whith the programer.But wen i replaced it whith an new PIC it worked.

Jay.slovak said:
I have never destroyed any PIC mechanically, only electrically. I handle them with great care :lol:
well I certainly have!!!
nanananana...
I am wondering if i should, so i never do or something,
no

actually, it / they broke because / when I got nervous, started shaking, and was trying to pull em out the socket... (sorry 4 off topic)

Clyd3 said:
actually, it / they broke because / when I got nervous, started shaking, and was trying to pull em out the socket... (sorry 4 off topic)
Well good tweezers are a key to save removal of IC's :lol: I used screwdriver technique before but I damaged some IC's, but with good tweezers I damaged none

i just hope those ics you damaged werent pics jay, or you're a subconscious lieer dude hahahha

Clyd3 said:
i just hope those ics you damaged werent pics jay, or you're a subconscious lieer dude hahahha
lol ofcourse no... it was some 4017s and 555s in pre-PIC era and few MCP41010s (digital pots) in PIC era :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…