Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enquiry For Electrostatic Discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

Hello all,

Any one knows the good effect of ESD?
Eg: How is it applied in printer?
Pls advise.
Thanks.
And where can i download useful cliparts for ESD?

:)

Hi shermaine,

Search google for "electrostatic printing"

If you have more questions after reading the articles on the subject then come back and ask more detailed questions :)

Thanks, Tony

Hello all,

Thanks for yr info.
However, i need some more information like how electro-static charges is generated when (1) walking across a carpet (2) walking over untreated vinyl floor (3) Vinyl envelope used for work (4) Worker at a bench
(5) Unwinding regular tape
Pls advise......Thanks so much.

An electrostatic charge can be used in a print head to deflect a stream of ink.

A small, steady stream is generated by some means and is discharged thru an orifice - the electrostatic charge is turned on or off at precisely the right time to allow the ink stream to pass by (on it's way to the paper) or be deflected into a catcher of sorts for return/recycling. This all happens quickly. This process is more or less one way an ink jet type printer works.

I had to take a call and forgot to explain one thing - with electrically charged objects those with like charged push away from each other - those with like charges are attacted. This is more or less covered in basic physics. I remember doing the Milliken (Millikan?) experiment in high school which demonstrates this nicely however the attraction of a ballon to the ceiling or of dirt/lint to a nice sweater is just as good - the opposite charges of the two objects cause the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back