Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Engine tachos req

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK NAIR

I would like to build a Panel mount Tachometer for my auto garage.Once the engine come from the service station i wanted to check th e rpm of the same.instead of using readymade handheld tachos ,i would like to build my own digital panel mount one.Sensor unit should be seperate and display unit should be seperate.

Would any have the idea to do this.if so pls help me in this regard.

Look here, you might have to order the magazine

**broken link removed**

or kit

**broken link removed**

If you want to build it yourself you will need something like a PLL to multiply the input from the pickoff to display RPM on a digital counter circuit. The loop constant will have to be fairly long to smooth out the variations in idling speed. You will also need a switch to select various divide by N settings to cater for 4, 6 or 8 cyl engines. This part could be performed by a PIC micro or similar small micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back