Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encourage more schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioRon

I noticed that the "rules for posting" sticky doesn't emphasize the value of including a schematic. There are so many posts where a schematic would have made things much more clear that it would be worthwhile, I think, to put some sort of tool or pop-up box or really prominant questions that almost force the poster to include a schematic or at least force them to think about it. I'm not sure what the best tool would be. The first thing that comes to mind is a pop-up that appears when you click "respond" or "new post" that asks for your schematic. Or, the very first question or entry box seen in the new posting editor could be made to be a line begging for the schematic drawing attachment.

Ideally, it would be great if you could link in an actual schematic drafting tool for beginners.

What other tools could be included in the "new Post" or "response" dialogue that could encourage inclusion of a schematic. Any other ideas out there?

RadioRon said:
I noticed that the "rules for posting" sticky doesn't emphasize the value of including a schematic. There are so many posts where a schematic would have made things much more clear that it would be worthwhile, I think, to put some sort of tool or pop-up box or really prominant questions that almost force the poster to include a schematic or at least force them to think about it. I'm not sure what the best tool would be. The first thing that comes to mind is a pop-up that appears when you click "respond" or "new post" that asks for your schematic. Or, the very first question or entry box seen in the new posting editor could be made to be a line begging for the schematic drawing attachment.

Ideally, it would be great if you could link in an actual schematic drafting tool for beginners.

What other tools could be included in the "new Post" or "response" dialogue that could encourage inclusion of a schematic. Any other ideas out there?
If there were such a tool I would use it extensively.

Great idea, right as soon as you figure out who's going to program it for the forums for free =>

I have used this simulator applet a few times to draw schematics.

https://www.falstad.com/circuit/

It lacks some components, but for basics it works okay for me.
Its online, so there is nothing for people to have to download and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back