Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Emergency lighting fixture (lighting fitting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azhar khattak

Hello friends
Please someone explain about Emergency lighting types, what term will be used for light fixture which will work in a normal condition with normal power but when the shutdown happened the light will start working from the battery backup.
Sincerely,
Azhar Khattak

Hello friends.
Thanks to everyone I appreciate your responses’ from your replays I find the type of the emergency light which is called “switchable Emergency light” but the question is that does this light will transfer to battery backup if I switch off the light switch? While I like that that light start working (start feeding from battery pack) when there is unforeseen situation, like power failure etc.
Sincerely,
Azhar khattak

Hello friends.
Thanks to everyone I appreciate your responses’ from your replays I find the type of the emergency light which is called “switchable Emergency light” but the question is that does this light will transfer to battery backup if I switch off the light switch? While I like that that light start working (start feeding from battery pack) when there is unforeseen situation, like power failure etc.
Sincerely,
Azhar khattak

While I have never heard the the term "switchable Emergency light" I work in a large industrial facility where we have hundreds of emergency light fixtures. They generally use a 6 or 12 volt lead acid sealed battery and have 6 or 12 volt lamps. The battery or batteries are always kept charged through trickle chargers. The instant mains power is lost they automatically illuminate work areas, especially dangerous work areas. Every emergency light is tested on a monthly basis and the batteries are changed regularly or the entire fixtures replaced. They last anywhere from an hour or two to as long as eight hours.

Here in the US they are part of building safety codes and laws. In Great Britain (UK) they are also governed by regulations. They require that systems comply with BS 5266-1, the code of practice for emergency lighting.

Here in the US and I think the UK they must also be on a separate circuit of mains power. When mains power fails, they immediately transfer and provide emergency lighting.

That is about it.
Ron

I had a friend whose building didn't pass some sort of inspection because his exit signs were not working and he was concerned about spending unnecessary money. I found him a nice LED replacement bulb and he was happy. He has about 3 employees that work whenever they please.

Hi all,

I guess the term "emergency" lead to a misunderstanding.

From what I understood the OP wants a work light which is supplied by back up power upon mains failure.

To do this the simplest way would be to power the light from mains by buffered battery power.

Regards

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back