Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMERGENCY!!! Broken Samsung 42" Plasma HPT4254X/XAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a lot of searching on the web I have found the problem.

The problem is that a few mosfets are mounted together on a small heatsink-the 2nd from the left-and they typically run so hot over time they break down and eventually stop working.

Checked them and 3 of them read open.

Have bought replacements already but they will take about a week to get here.

I am thinking of putting a [quiet] fan in the TV to circulate the air more.

It's SO amazing that a small cheap part can cause something (worth thousands more) to break, and yet people just throw that stuff away!:rolleyes:

there is no fan in the TV?? My panasonic 42" has 3 fans in it!! I can feel the warm air getting out of TV

there is no fan in the TV?? My panasonic 42" has 3 fans in it!! I can feel the warm air getting out of TV
Yeah mine didn't have any fans in it. If the mosfets overheat again, I am going to fit some fans in it as I have a junk box full of them.

You would have to replaced all the mosfets, although they seems to be good. They will break down after a period of time and eventually short out and damaged the small diodes and resistors on the bottom of the PC board.

Ben, thx for the heads up. Mine just died a few mins ago with the same symptoms. Going to troubleshoot tomorrow. Where did you buy the transistors? Any specific brand you recommend? Thx in advance

Ben, thx for the heads up. Mine just died a few mins ago with the same symptoms. Going to troubleshoot tomorrow. Where did you buy the transistors? Any specific brand you recommend? Thx in advance

TBH I don't remember where I got the repair kit.

The four MOSFETs that the repair kit included were:
2x FQP9N50C ----- TO-220F
2x FQA13N50C --- TO-3PN

If any of the capacitors are bulged, I recommend replacing them too!

Check for dry joints fet's center heatsink. If ok disconnect supply to YSUS board and check if power supply stays running. Let me know what happens

A new laptop (cheapy one) that my mom got will not properly install anything on it; it tells you that the installation is corrupted!:confused:-LOL it is made by ACER and it has windows7.ACER IS the WORST computer company ever:mad::mad::mad:

LOL :D

My Acer is going to be six years old this December. Best Lappie I ever purchased. It has worked every day for @ least 8 Hours....since new.

No problems ever. Just the screen is getting dim. As to be expected.

Regards,
tvtech

After further research you may require a kit of parts to repair your plasma TV. This is available from Chas Hyde & Son Ltd. For your PSU type you want kit P/ No. KT67 £26.34. Hope this will help

I noticed this is an old post, but looks like the topic is still going. If you still need the service manual for HPT4254X/XAA I've attached it.

PS: If you ever need a service manual, ask on a Latin-american repair forum, not on those ridiculous sites that charge a fortune. The "repair instead of throw out" philosophy still applies here, and a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back