Embedded C programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angy

If anyone has easy to understand source of info on embedded c,Please post it on this thread.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
On these links you have summary + link where to purchase

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what this means in a c program?
unsigned int *ADCmemory=(unsigned int *)0x3200

Can anyone tell me what this means in a c program?
unsigned int *ADCmemory=(unsigned int *)0x3200

ADCmemory will hold an address pointing to an unsigned integer and the address of that unsigned integer is 0x3200.
Dale

Last edited:
Hello,
can someone tell me what this ' -> ' means in C?
Atimer = brushfan -> statefantimeout;
Thanks.

I do not care for C++ but ...

the -> operator lets you get from an object pointer to a real object or a an attribute of the real object.

Look at the definitions for Atimer and brushfan and you should find statefantimeout.

Anyone who can do better please speak up.

3v0

Pretty much right.

I might hate C++ more than you 3v0... Especially in embedded apps. Statefantimeout is just a variable that is the property of brushfan.

It's exactly the same as;
Atimer = statefantimeout;

But longer, uglier, more typing, more to go wrong and probably slower and worse to compile to assembler for the micro to use.

Down with C++! C-- rules.

I should clarify

Object oriented programming can be a very good thing in a large application. The kind that will not fit on most micros.

C++ is a good example of how not to implement a OO language.

Given a choice I will use C#. Do not carp about it being MS as there is good support for the open source version mono. You can even use visual studio on vista to debug a C# program running under linux.

3v0

The arrow operator is used in C. It's how you dereference a pointer to a struct or union and access its members.

Atimer = brushfan -> statefantimeout;

is the more readable way of writing

Atimer = (*brushfan).statefantimeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…