Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrostatic Discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
Very funny, but.

I remember once when I was repairing a Microwave about 25yrs ago. A New Tech came up and said hey "whatchoo doin" I said, I just replaced the Magnetron, I'm testing it. He said, where's the Magnetron?

I said right there in the middle the one with the 2 heavy wires and aluminum cooling fins. He said point to it, I said I'm not that stupid, it'll kick your ass or kill you.

He said you mean right here and pointed his finger to it about four inches away.

I said, I wouldn't do that if I were you. He went a little closer, I said that thing is going to bite you good.

The big dumby said, couldn't be that b........... without finishing the "Word - Bad" his thumb moved closer to the cabinet and suddenly and Arc came off one of the terminals, about an inch" or more and drilled a small white hole through his index finger and went around to his thumb and shot out his thumb to the case. All the meat was cooked good as it snaked it's way through.

I laughed so hard as he looked "surprisingly" at the tiny white holes, I thought I was going to pass out from laughter.

If it would have been anyone else, I would have felt sorry for him. But, this "guy" did stuff like this almost everyday. I'm really surprised he survived.

Some people should never breed, especially this guy:rolleyes:

kv

Last edited:
Being a ham, I have had my share of self-cauterizing RF burns. They take for ever to heal. Running 2kW into an old bread-board balanced-feeder antenna tuner, the RF voltages are high enough to reach out and touch you...

haha, funny clip :D

LOL. Charge to discharge...I think not.

I would love to give him a CRT to play with....unplugged and all. That would be fun :)

Ground and Earth are not his Pals....poor board wasted too.

Basics, basics, basics. ;).

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
haha, now i know why my repair attemps were fried, literally.....just kidding here ;D

oh yes buddy, life's well :)
designing one cool decoration, for which i got an idea today. luckily all materials are available locally :)

oh, and i bought this:
**broken link removed**

You bought a Stencil??

Electronics drawings not far away. Am I correct?

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
hmm, yes, something funny or weird about it? i'm old fashioned, like to draw by hands than computer :D

Electronics drawings not far away. Am I correct?

Regards,
tvtech
Umm, i'm not sure what you meant by that, could you clarify what you mean? :D
and as you are tvtech, check out q-tester which i made recently, if you have any tips to share? ;)
i posted topic about it at blog :)

that man looks crazy i think he couldn't sleep that night because his head kept on buzzing.
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back