Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics oddity question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is kind of a weird request and probably also a difficult one but I'm trying to do an electronics report on the electronic components inside of an electric downrigger. The brand doesn't matter because they are all basically the same but I just need some help in finding a bit of information on the exact circuits involved with the motor inside. Any help is appreciated.

Let me get this straight...
You would like the circuit details for an electric winch with
an electronic fish lure connected to the steel cable.

Hmmm,
Sounds asking for a 99 meter
headstart in in a 100 meter sprint!

Bring back whaling from open row boats I say,
Stare death in face with harpoon in hand.
Live at ten tonight
got what it takes ?
call this number...
all calls charged at premium rate...

actually no

Actually your not using the downrigger to catch the fish with your using it with about a 10 lbs ball and then clipping your fishing line onto the cable. when a fish takes the lure, which usually sits about 20 feet back from the cable, the line slips from the clamp and you have to fight the fish on the pole. The downrigger is simply to get your fishing line down to a certain depth and know exactly where its at. and yes I am looking for the circuit diagram because I can't find any. So far all I've found out is that the downrigger has a very powerful electric motor in it but I can't find anything about the circuits that might be connected to it if there are any.

You might try using a rubber wheel in firm contact with the cable. Each revolution of the wheel increments 1. Depending on the size of your wheel, "X" revolutions = "Y" inches/feet/yards/whatever. Send that (with appropriate signal conditioning) to an event counter, calibrate your wheel and drop a line overboard. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back