Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic wind chime

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about taking a schematic diagram for an 8-note organ and use the contact between the clapper (?) and the chime to make your connection in place of the organ keys. If this sounds like a possibility to you, use your search engine - I'm sure there are plenty of circuits for free.

how do you plan to trigger it by the wind?do you want just a ON/OFF switch, or a trigger or you want to have like 8 contacts or more and each one to be triggered by the beat of the wind. there are some things, i don't know how they are called, but they have a center thing, wooden ususaly, like a disc and around it there are some diferent lenght metal tubes and when the wind beats it mooves the center thing and it hits the other ones around and it makes sounds. do you want something like this but with electronics?

i was thinking of useing a 8-note organ ..i plan to trigger it by the wind...maybe i can put together a 8-note organ and hook it to a reg wind chime and hook wires from the switches to the chimes so when the wind blows it will hit one or more of the 8 notes

Since the chimes will not actually need to make a sound (since the sound will be coming from a speaker), they can be all the same length of a metal. Weathering/corrosion will be a factor over time but to work out the details, you could use some lengths of aluminium conduit. For the clapper that the wind will blow around, use a very thin wire so that the end swings freely. I would use bogdanfirst's design or something like it such that the finished project looks like a wind chime. Let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back