Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic variable speed drill switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken1

Hi, I have a Sears Craftsman 90 series model #315.220900 1/2" electronic variable speed reversing drill that needs a new switch. Unfortunately the Sears parts website does nor have any reference to this model. I cannot find any replacements for this on ebay or elsewhere. Is there another substitute available? The FA5-4/1BEK switches on ebay have the exact physical dimensions as mine but I can't figure out if the connections will work. My switch is made by Teccor and has T3 stamped on the side of it. I have attached a photo of my drill.

Attachments

• IMG_0781a.jpg
    IMG_0781a.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 277
Teccor makes SCR/Triacs etc, most likely a simple Triac circuit internally, if defective, it may be worth opening and check to see if simple Semi replacement could be possible.
Max.

The triac appears just below the left brush, so it will have a pot on brown wire and contact to bypass at max power..check.

I should have mentioned that the drill works but the forward/reverse section of the switch is broken and is stuck in the reverse position.

The trigger switch you have looks like the old version of the type that they use today in a lot of variable speed tools.

If I was you I would just look for a similar newer style trigger switch and refit it into your old drill.

BTW Makita uses a very similar trigger switch design in a number of their corded power tools and would likely be the best refit to use.

Hi Very similar switch on certain black & decker drills with the reverse action being controlled by a lever rather than the newer push button switch regards Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back