Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Swithing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfredmike

I converted a switch that activates when something moves thru an infered beam. Breaking the beam caused the circuit to send 9 Volts to a selenoid. The selonid activated and pressed the button on a camera. I did not like the noise when the selonid fired, so I remove the selonid and rigged the camera with a wire from the switch and replaced the selonid with a reed switch. Now when the beam is broken the circuit sends 9 volts to the reed swithch and the camera fires when the reed switch closes.

I have now replaced the film camera with an older inexpensive digital camera. The camera is slow to fire and the switch must remain closed for about 8 or so seconds. Therefore I now need the switch to remain closed for now approx. 10 seconds to allow a new digital camera time to do its thing. Can anyone offer a circuit that would allow this.

The 9 volt supply to the reed switch is short in duration and I won't be able to modify that part of the device. The long switch closing will have to be done in the part of the circuit after the 9 volt signal.

Anyone have any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back