Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Pulse Meter (Count number of pulses per minute)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstormc

Hi All,

I have done some searching on the internet and have been unable to come up with anything, it may be because it is called something else.

I want to build a circuit that will count the number of electrical pulses per minute and display it on either an LCD display or a 7-segment LED Display (three digit).

An example of the usage is: I have a device that has an output that runs flashing lights, the circuit has 12v input and its 12v output is then switched on and off at an adjustable rate, I need to be able to accurately measure this rate.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Shane

Can a tachometer do what I have described? I am not after rotations per minute but flashes per minute (the number of times the output goes high and low in a minute). I am unfamiliar with how a tachometer works?

gstormc said:
Can a tachometer do what I have described? I am not after rotations per minute but flashes per minute (the number of times the output goes high and low in a minute). I am unfamiliar with how a tachometer works?

hello, check the tachometer on my projects page,
you will see that the sensor is apart from the device itself... you can very easily replace the sensor by your source of pulses..

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back