Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic projects for 50 14 year old girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollie

Help, I'm trying to organise a simple electronics project for 50 14 year old girls. They have 5 days, about 25 hours to complete their project. they have little or no electronics experience. i would like them to have a project each., something with LED's, involving some simpled soldering. Any ideas, preferably complete with instructions would be great. I have been to Dick Smith's and they suggested a motorised bike, I have made one of these up myself and think the studenst will get too frustrated.

Please help if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Penny

Hello Penny,

I would suggest browsing the kits that are offered by lots of different companies. Depending on your location, you might even see them first hand. allelectronics.com, electronics goldmine, etc all sell kits that do different things, such as dice, strobe lights, etc. The nice thing is they are known to work, come with the schematics, all parts, etc.

ollie said:
Help, I'm trying to organise a simple electronics project for 50 14 year old girls. They have 5 days, about 25 hours to complete their project. they have little or no electronics experience. i would like them to have a project each., something with LED's, involving some simpled soldering. Any ideas, preferably complete with instructions would be great. I have been to Dick Smith's and they suggested a motorised bike, I have made one of these up myself and think the studenst will get too frustrated.
Penny

My daughter (she's 13 now) has made a number of Velleman kits over the last few years - they do a nice range of simple LED flashing kits, Christmas trees, Santa on a sleigh, things like that. They consists mainly of astable oscillators and lots of LED's - my daughter really enjoyed making them.

I think you should just make simple circuits and try to explain stuff to them. Start using simple resistor / led. Explain why you must use a resistor and why a LED must be placed a certain way around. Don't go into too much detail, like talking about how diodes work, just simple stuff.

Build from there. Add delay start up, then maybe thyristor, etc.

After than, consider standard astable 555, to create flashing LEDs. Maybe transistor for buzzer,etc. Then work towards something like a random number generator.

-Pete

how about explainig the basic electroinc principle and move on to capacitors / how they work etc. What is an led / resistor, then get them to make a multivibrator, and then something a little more advanced. At least that way they are learning exaclty how the circuits work, and they've made 2 or more fairly simple circuits. Some of them may enjoy it so much that they decide they want to learn more.

It's a shame that they haven't got a little more time, then you could teach them how to wite a basic pic program and build a simple traffic light circuit controlled by the pic, which they programmed.

Why not try in following order.

Experiment Objective
1. 1 LED , R & Push Button, 9V Battery How LED gets on when PB is pressed

2. 1 LED, 1 Variable, 9V Battery How intensity changes when u play with Variable Resister ( Concept of current change)

3. 1 LED, 1 R, 9V Battery , 2 PBs How u can control a single LED from two push buttons.

4. 1 Buzzer, 4 X 1.5V Batteries How sound increased as u add batteries in series ( Adding voltage)

This way u can go on building by adding buzzer, toy motor (concept of fan) etc making them understand how electronics work in daily life !!

i need help

i have been asked by my teacher to make a small simple working time delay circuit........but i feel it is too complicated and expensive to make. can any one help me in making my project........i need some ideas and a simple procedure for making this circuit.......
I HOPE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HELP!
THANX

You can do this with less than $5 in parts. Look at builing a 555 one-shot or monostable multivibrator. It is rather simple as shown **broken link removed** or **broken link removed** or **broken link removed**.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back