Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_guy

Hi all,
I am actually new to this forum. I am a beginner in electronics and I need help to build an automatic fan controller. Circiuts and list of components will be highly appreciated.
Joe.

Joe, we need a LOT more info about what you are trying to do?

For starters:

What problem are you trying to solve?
What temperature?
What is the fan voltage, current?
What sensors can you get or have?
What power supply do you have?

Joe, we need a LOT more info about what you are trying to do?

For starters:

What problem are you trying to solve?
What temperature?
What is the fan voltage, current?
What sensors can you get or have?
What power supply do you have?

Thanks for the reply.
The aim of the project is to automatically turn on/off the fan with respect to the room temperature(20C-25C). Increase in speed of the fan with respect to temperature is also an advantage.
I will use a dc power supply with a 12V-24V(0.2A-0.5A)

Thanks for the reply.
The aim of the project is to automatically turn on/off the fan with respect to the room temperature(20C-25C). Increase in speed of the fan with respect to temperature is also an advantage.
I will use a dc power supply with a 12V-24V(0.2A-0.5A)

So far you have answered three of the questions...

The remainder still need some answers...The fan size and power requirments will dictate what power supply to use, its of no use saying I will use a 12-24v supply rated at .2-.5 amps if the fan motor draws more than that at full power...

How do you contemplate measuring the temperature? Thermistor, diode...?

Help us to help you... :)

Last edited:
A fan cools sweating people. If the people are not sweating then the fan gets warm and warms the people.
It also cools something that has a high surface area (a heatsink) and is much hotter than the surrounding air.
On this side of Earth we use an air conditioner to cool the air when it is too warm. It is automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back