Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic project -general help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_antonio

hi,
this is my first mail. we have a function in our college. and i would like to build a wireless transmitter ( walkie talkie). is it simple (s4 ec)?
can you give some information/suggest some sites where i can get the ckt diagram.
thank you

school project

:D hi,

have you tried using the projects forum here or have used the links presented in this forum. check them out and you will find what you're looking. also try a google search, "walkie talkie circuit diagram" :wink:

hi
sorry but search at google did not give the required results. i got many entries searching for a walkie talkie (for example:-walkie talkie wanted help) but i did not get a walkie talkie ckt diagram.
thank you

joe_antonio said:
hi
sorry but search at google did not give the required results. i got many entries searching for a walkie talkie (for example:-walkie talkie wanted help) but i did not get a walkie talkie ckt diagram.

At the risk of being rude, if you have to ask, you're not going to be capable of building one. It's not a trival task building RF equipment, layout tends to be very critical, and setting up can be very complicated as well.

This is probably why it's difficult to find information on the net.

There are plenty of Amateur Radio books available, which will probably give you all the information you require.

joe_antonio said:
hi,
thanks. i think you are right. can you suggest something simple concerned with communication.
bye

How about two cans and a piece of string :lol:

But, more seriously, presumably this is for a project at school?. How is the project worded, does it specify what kind of communication it has to be (data, speech etc.), and does it says if it has to wireless, or can it be wired?.

If it can be wired, and needs to be a speech system, a simple intercom should do the trick (electronic equivalent of two cans and a piece of string).

hi,
first of all this is not a school project.it is a college project. the theme is "electronics for a better tomorrow". so i thought a wireless intercom was a good idea, that is how i landed with a project for a walkie talkie. can you suggest a project onthis theme.

bye

school project

:D

how about doing an fm transmitter. there are tons of those circuits in the net. :D

Hey I have some Ideas for the wireless you could use. An Am transmitter very easy to make. here is a way to make it .
https://www.sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/radio/am_transmitter.html

It uses a couple of components: A one megahertz crystal oscillator, An audio transformer, A generic printed circuit board, A phone plug, A 9 volt battery clip, A 9 volt battery, some wire.

That is a very simple transmitter and all you need to receive is a small AM receiver which is almost as simple.
https://www.sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/radio/radio.html

Also if you have line of sight to the transmitter and receiver you could use a simple laser comunicator out of normal laser pens it would be a bit more expensive, and could go as far at the lasers can travel.
https://www.sci-toys.com/scitoys/scitoys/light/light.html#laser_communicator
That site even sells all the parts you would need and has many other science projects that are interesting.

Oh yes and they have a simple wireless computer AM transmitter it uses morse code and the computer translates it into text.

Well I hope this helps you. 8)

did u need a wireless equipment for transmitting voice? :D it is not so difficult.but i think u are going to do this in kerala it self.so certainly you need a permission from nearby police stasion including the details of frequency.hope that u r an engineering student.you can get the circuit and also kit from lakshmitek,opp.h.m.t.junction kalamassery.if u feel any difficulty mail me @ rajeevkannadi@yahoo.com .certainly ican help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back