Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Ignitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made the same effect with a diode, by shorting it with 5v, they give lot of heat in no time, they litleraly explode.... sure they are 1-use-only! :D

Got an old toaster floating around? You'll find 5+ feet of good nichrome heating wire inside. Wrap a single turn around a match head or perhaps a small nugget of magnesium. Might even work directly passing current through a small piece of magnesium. VERY hot, very fast. 12 volts will easily set it off, as long as the current supply ability is high. Such as a PC power supply. The 12 volt supply I rigged will easily get 2 full inches of toaster heating wire white hot in a few tenths of a second.

I have used aircraft safety wire, ( stainless steel) its cheap and comes in rolls. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/safetywire.php

I have used it to drop M-80's and launch rockets from R/C aircraft.
Just used a nine volt battery , a micro switch and two leads ending in alligator clips on the ends of the wire wraped around the fuse. Works every time!

I have also used it for fireworks displays. I used a 12volt car battery and
push button switches. Thats it. I use the .032 size wire.
sam

RC Aircraft Launch

sam2 said:
I have used aircraft safety wire, ( stainless steel) its cheap and comes in rolls. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/safetywire.php

I have used it to drop M-80's and launch rockets from R/C aircraft.
Just used a nine volt battery , a micro switch and two leads ending in alligator clips on the ends of the wire wraped around the fuse. Works every time!

I have also used it for fireworks displays. I used a 12volt car battery and
push button switches. Thats it. I use the .032 size wire.
sam

Sam2,
I am attempting to wire my RC Heli to launch rockets. Could you help me out with some pointers on how you wired your RC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back