Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic dice Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer g

I have built a schematic on multisim for the required dice experiment I have to perform tomorrow. As I hold the switch the display seems to be switching between numbers but as I let go, the number disappears. Any idea how to fix this? I followed the schematic attached and my multisim is attached also. If youd like to see the file or any deeper questions plz post here or e-mail me atrockstarlivee@yahoo.com thx!

Attachments

• ral.PNG
    ral.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 297
  • digital-dice-circuit.jpg
    digital-dice-circuit.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 495
The circuit is working as designed. If the problem is that you can see which numbers are being stepped through then make C1 smaller. If you want the display to be blank during the spin then consider a DPDT spin switch and use the normally closed contacts in the 7 segment ground line.

Mike.

One problem is that when you release the spin switch, the clock input is left open. You NEVER leave a CMOS input open!!!!! Put a 10k resistor to ground on pin 14 of the 4017.

Edit: I didn't look at your sim schematic before making this comment, just the source sch.

Last edited:
From what I can see this should work. Perhaps I would reduce or remove the 10K resistor on the 4511 pin5 pull down.

I suggest you confirm that the circuit is build as in your simulation, with the 10K pull down on the clock. Then probe your circuit and find out what state the outputs from the 4017 are in when you let go of the button.

a few decoupling caps wouldn't hurt either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back