Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic blog for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredblais

Hi all,

I've started a little blog about electronics in January. It is targeted to the ones who are beginning in electronics, but I plan to add some more advanced tutorials in the future.

I would like to have feedback from you guys, so I can improve my articles. If you have any suggestion or comments, it will be much appreciated!

Please note that french is my primary language, so there could be some spelling errors in my posts.

Thanks,
Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
So out of curiosity, what do you intend to accomplish that this and other electronics forums don't?

Ken

Ken, good question.
First of all, I do it for myself. When I did my EE degree, I did not have much time to do a lot of experiments with basic chips like 555 or op-amps. Blogging about that stuff is a way for me to try obvious circuits that I never built before. I document what I do as much as possible so in the future, I can read my own post to see how I built circuit x or y.

Also, I do not have much opportunity to write english text, so it helps me perfect my english skills. (I spend a lot of time looking in french-english dictionary to find how to say things)

When I first learned about electronics, I really did not know where to start and was alone in this quest. I'm sure that with a little help, I would have learned what I know now twice as fast. So I think that putting all kind of information about electronics in one spot can help some newbies. They can read a little bit of my article every week so they have a clear learning path. I try to explain things how I would have liked to learn them, so I hope it can help at least some people out there.

Finally, it is just a hobby and a way to spend my time. Better than spending the evening watching reality shows on TV in my opinion.

If you have any feedback, I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks,
Fred

Sounds like a plan.

Ken

...When I first learned about electronics, I really did not know where to start and was alone in this quest. I'm sure that with a little help, I would have learned what I know now twice as fast. So I think that putting all kind of information about electronics in one spot can help some newbies. They can read a little bit of my article every week so they have a clear learning path. I try to explain things how I would have liked to learn them, so I hope it can help at least some people out there.
If you have any feedback, I would be glad to hear it.

Teaching for the sake of learning will give you a limited audience, as very few people will be looking for "how to learn x" in electronics. And those that do search for "learning" will likely not find your blog, they will instead find the highly ranked sites like Wiki and educational institution sites.

Most people will search for "how to DO x" so I think your blog should include a lot of content on how to DO things how to MAKE specific things, and have more of a "project" focus than a "learning" focus. :)

And like KMoffet said, if you really want to contribute in a place where the learners already exist, then you can help them HERE with the benefit of your experience and knowlege.

Hi Mr RB,

you're right, the blog would be more appealing with projects instead of "learning capsule". I will continue to cover some of the most common components like op-amps, mosfet, triacs etc... After this is done, I will go for the project path.

I completed some projects recently, I will start to blog about that. Last month, one of my friend gave me a disco ball that he bought on ebay. He wanted me to do a custom board to replace the current controller of the ball (that has fixed leds and motor sequence) so that he can program his own sequence. I had a lot of fun working on that, now, we can send commands to the ball via bluetooth :)

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back