Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnet help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have an electromagnetic coil that as basically come to the end of it's functional life.

The coil is around 80 years and the cables are pretty worn.I had to repair a broken cable and there are signs that some parts of the coil are getting worse.Trouble with this coil is it's housed in a casing and the two don't seem to want to come apart.

The coil sometimes energises and sometimes does not so as become unstable, not bad after 80 odd years of use. The coil operates every 30 seconds.

From my measurements the coil is around 60ohms.

I am looking for a company or an individual that can reproduce the coil to the original specification. just the coil will do as I will do everything other than that.

Can anyone point me to someone within the North of England?

Please see images.

Attachments

• COIL.jpg
    COIL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Img_0013.jpg
    Img_0013.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Img_0015.jpg
    Img_0015.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 163
Or throw the old one away and use the solenoid of an electric car starter (salvaged in a junk yard) which engages the pinion gear.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back