Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electroluminescent Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjg

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has ever used this before. I have a project that requires me to run EL Wire on minumum voltage (1-5V). The EL Wire that I have come across on the web requires 100-120VAC to run though.

Anyone know of any companies that make EL Wire using low voltage ? If not, anything lower than 120V ?

How about any ideas on how I can turn 5VDC into 120VAC using an IC ?

Thanx

GLOWIRE

Greetings!

I found this web site ( **broken link removed** ) and it offers several kinds of accesories and such for Electroluminescent Wire. They have this 1 kit that includes one 9 volt driver and one 5 foot section of general purpose GLOWIRE with connector. Takes one 9 volt battery.
$19.95

If U still want to find a circuit that'll make 5VDC into 120VAC using an IC, I think I can come up with sumth'n. Lemme know.

Cheers!

Bob
bob4analog@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back