Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electro magnetic feilds...help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardustie87

I am currently doing a science fair project on comparing the way a north eletro magnetic field and a south electro magnetic field will effect Harvester Ant farms.

I am sorry about all these questions but I am having a difficult time finding research on the electromagnetic fields. However, I have about 40 pages on the ants.

First, I don't understand the difference between the North and south.

Second, I was given two batteries, two magnets (each with a north and south end) and copper wire. I have two wooden rectangular frames around the at farms to wrap the copper wire around.

-OK, with the above materials, how am I supposed to make these fields cannot seem to find any other online sources to help me.

If you could possibly talk to me or explain here, I would be immensely grateful.

aim- stardustie87

or if you know any books or websites, please tell me also.

Thank you again.

An easy way to find out which polarity field your electromagnet has is with a cheap small compass. First go outside and see which end of the compass needle points north. Then test this on your electromagnet, the needle end that pointet north outside will point to the north polarity magnetic field. If its the opposite, you have a south polarity magnetic field.
Remember, opposite magnet polarities attract, same polarities will repel. The compass nedle itself is a tiny magnet.
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back