Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electricity to a spinning electric board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Variety

Hi,

I'm building a robot, it has some wheels on it.
One of the weels have an electric board on it with some sensors and I need to transfer electricity to it from the battery energy source which is not sitting on the wheel. How do I do this with all the electrical wires?

Thanks,
Variety

THere is no way, for all intents and purposes with existing technology for a battery powered system. You have to rethink your design or stick a battery onto the wheel to power the circuit board separately.

On RC helicopters they power the lights on the spinning rotor blades by sticking a battery INSIDE or ON The rotor blade. That probably gives you an indication that all other methods have been tried and failed.

What is this sensor supposed to be doing? The only thing I can think of that would require a circuit of some kind on the wheel is if you have whiskers on the edge of the wheel and want to transmit that information back to the robot's body. Anything like an encoder only requires a small magnet or optical marker on the wheel.

Last edited:
There is a rotating transformer inside each VCR. The recording / playback heads are on the rotating drum, and the transformer takes the signals to and from the drum.

You could try using one of those.

Maybe since his name is Variety he has one of those lowrider bots that has the big spinner hub caps on it! :D
And when anyone gets close the hubs automaticaly start spinning! :p After so many revolutions they report to the hydraulic suspension system and tell it to start bouncing the front end up and down! ;)

If thats not it, could you build me one? :D

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back