Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical Screwdriver is turning off too quickly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawic42

So... I'm an electro student at and I took apart my electric screwdriver because it is turning off too quickly when a high load is applied - I think it might be programmed incorrectly. I haven't really taken all the courses needed to be able to figure this stuff out by myself. Any help would be appreciated.
Basically, I want to access it's onboard storage and rewrite when it is supposed to stop. And also it would be cool to be able to read some information off it when it's spinning to see what type of information it measures.
This is what the electronics look like:

So from what I can gather there are 4 access points to the left and 6 to the right. How would I go about accessing and what gear do I need to purchase to do it?
IMG_20200930_134923.jpg
IMG_20200930_134525.jpg

IMG_20200930_134720.jpg
Thanks for any input, even if it's satirical

What makes you think it's programmable at all?, and if it was, why do you think it's programmed wrongly? - it's MUCH more likely to be programmed as it's designed to be.

Your pictures don't show anything programmable, but you don't show the other side of the board.

Even if it is programmable, you then have the problem of finding the source code for it, plus compilers and possibly programmers - and you're VERY unlikjely to be able to get the source code.

What makes you think it's programmable at all?, and if it was, why do you think it's programmed wrongly? - it's MUCH more likely to be programmed as it's designed to be.

Your pictures don't show anything programmable, but you don't show the other side of the board.

Even if it is programmable, you then have the problem of finding the source code for it, plus compilers and possibly programmers - and you're VERY unlikjely to be able to get the source code.

I mailed the company and they said that there is an issue with this model and they are fixing it but I am out of luck as the warranty has expired. The issue only really happens when you apply a good amount of load to the machine - so it still works for regular work just not anything too strenuous.

How would I go ahead and access the source code? I will update with another picture with the back of it when I've hit the store and bought some acetone. Need to dissolve the glue that's used to protect the board from the elements.

I mailed the company and they said that there is an issue with this model and they are fixing it but I am out of luck as the warranty has expired. The issue only really happens when you apply a good amount of load to the machine - so it still works for regular work just not anything too strenuous.

How would I go ahead and access the source code?

You wouldn't, no manufacturer is going to give you a copy of their source code.

However, if they have produced a fix, they 'may' let you have a copy of the hex file for you to upload - it really depends what is actually needed to do so.

It could be a poor contact on the switch. I fixed a battery drill by cleaning the contacts of the switch.

It was cutting out when turned on, but I guess that it was the current surge when starting up, combined with a poor contact resistance, that caused the circuit to trip out due to under-voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back