Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electric shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, while repairing the tv , i got 3 electric shocks however i werent standing on the floor why that happend ? and i think i touched the 220V AC on the power supply socket !!! how to recover from these things and dont get shock ? the 220V pushed me away from the tv ! ... :(

i got scared from working on TV , and im an electronics engineer student ( final year ) .. shame on me ?

ahmedragia21 said:
Hi, while repairing the tv , i got 3 electric shocks however i werent standing on the floor why that happend ? and i think i touched the 220V AC on the power supply socket !!! how to recover from these things and dont get shock ? the 220V pushed me away from the tv ! ... :(

i got scared from working on TV , and im an electronics engineer student ( final year ) .. shame on me ?

I would think you (and whatever you were standing on) was connected to the floor and were all at the same potential as ground.

Hi Ahmedragia,

ahmedragia21 said:

Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_transformer

on1aag.

well, if you are working with tv-fixing or digging into any other kind of high voltage device you _always_ have to remember the main rule:

" when working with the high voltage, always keep one of your hands in a pocket. Use only 1 hand for your work!!! If 1 hand is not enough, keep both in the pocket! "

Also, consider reading and _buying_ (not DIY) a good isolation transformer.

Otherwise, welcome to the world of TV-repairing!!! Your electroshocks were just a welcome note. :)

ahmedragia21 said:
sorry what do you mean my pocket ? am non-native ...
you mean wear something in my hand ?

In clothing--pants often have small bags at the sides for carrying car keys, coins, etc. That's called a pocket. Put one hand in there.

What you really want: never put both hands on a live circuit. Put one hand in your pocket, or behind your back, but never on the live circuit.

Don't let a shock go from one hand to the other, because if it does, it has to cross your chest. That can harm/stop your heart.

Stand on something which does not conduct electricity.

Torben

Just be carefull and you don't end up as grilled meat :D Don't be scared of geting shocked but be respectfull concerning electricity. It can kill you:eek:, but I get shocked every now end then:p it realy isn't so bad, it just hapends! But you will not end up roasted if you are carefull, maybe just bit zaped!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back