Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric pump to dispense the hand sanitizer gel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I want to use an electric pump to dispense the hand sanitizer gel ...

should I use a type pump that gives me a small amount of gel at a few pulses?

can anyone recommend me some model?

do I see if I find peristaltic dosing pump?

I was thinking peristaltic too, you might also be able to dispense from the top of the container by pushing compressed air from a little compressor into it.

Peristaltic pumps are accurate but expensive. How about a model servo pushing on a standard dispenser bottle?

Mike.

Peristaltic pumps have gotten really cheap, ir perhaps I should say, cheap pumps are available. I think I've seen them even cheaper than this example.

Small windshield washer pumps are also a possibility, as they will have some resistance to chemicals.

SmartSelect_20200420-074843_Firefox.jpg

If it is really a gel, then you'll need some process development work because some gels are shear-thinning and some are shear thickening. Make sure the pump can handle the change of viscosity once pressure (shear) is added to the material. Also, diameter of tubing is very important as viscosity climbs. This material can be more challenging than you plan. Get the dataheeet for the gel you plan to use - viscosity data should be on the datasheet/specification sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back