Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Pet Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously don't have crows, ravens, peregrine falcons, owls. etc where you live which will make a meal of a canary.

By the way some owls have been known to take small cats.

Wow, never heard of a pet crow!

Could it talk? How about tricks? :D

Crows are very friendly towards their master. I picked her up when she fell from the nest and gave her all my good will and lots of fresh meat.

They even attack unfriendly persons if they think their master is in distress. :)

And yes, they can talk. Mine used to say: "craw craw" :D (meaning: standing by for you. :D )

Last edited:
I cannot describe it though. It's like a a squeak, but much louder.

About like a chicken being massacred? I have it every night. :D

Who cares? It's their love song! :)

You obviously don't have crows, ravens, peregrine falcons, owls. etc where you live which will make a meal of a canary.

By the way some owls have been known to take small cats.

All the named species are well known in Thailand but they're deminishing rapidly. Thais eat everthing they can get a hold of. :D

Snakes have very little chance to grow older than three months. The same applies to lizzards, the biggest one (Dugae, up to 60cm total length) is welcome in every Thai kitchen. :)

Nobody cares about "DschingDschog", a small lizzard sneeking into houses and dropping their digestional leftovers over furniture. They also make sound like hammering a nail into a piece of wood.

Come to Thailand to find out more. :D

Crows are supposed to taste disgusting but don't know for sure, I've never eaten one.

So you have a pet crow too?

I like crows too, they're ridiculously clever, my family and I feed the crows often with waste food. Once we tired a bone with bits of meat on it to a branch on the apple tree, in the hope the birds would fly around it and pick bits off. The crafty clever crow had other ideas, it perched itself on the branch, pulled the bone up by the string, then held the string with its feet, pulling it up bit by bit until the bone was on top of the branch, there it pecked the bone clean without having to fly around it. Now we don't bother with tying it to the branch, there's no point, we just stick the bone on the bird table.

Crows are supposed to taste disgusting but don't know for sure, I've never eaten one.

So you have a pet crow too?

There are several kinds of crows in Thailand, the same type as known in Europe with all black feathers and a (beautiful) one, with a reddish brown body and black wings. Thais don't eat the black ones and prefer using the latter one for an extra meal.

I had a pet crow when I was 15 years of age and none ever since. May be I find somebody getting me one of those species. They are just beautiful too look at and their flight maneouvres are "majestic". Their body size is about twice of the black ones.

My son in law once shot a black craw and when he proudly showed the dead animal to me I immediately slapped him a good one.

He asked me irritated: "Why?". I replied: "If you killed it you should eat it, too!" He responded: "But they have a bad taste. I won't eat them.".

I again replied: "If you don't want to eat them don't shoot them! Next to be shot is you! I don't like your taste, I just like to see you die!"

He understood well! :)

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
LOLLL!!!! Good one Hans! :D But in Klang, half an hour from Kuala Lumpur they DO kill crows cause they mess up the garbage bins, leaving mess in their trails. :(

I guess it'ts a matter of tidyness to fill garbage bins up to a level so the lid closes it. Uncovered garbage bins are welcome not only to crows, but all kinds of animals looking for food.

we use alot of electric fencing on the farm where i live, if you want to keep dogs in with a electric fence then treat them the same as rabbits i.e have something like electric rabbit fencing (fairly cheap) and tilt it at an angle of about 15 degrees so when the dog gets to withing 1-2 feet the its ears brush against the netting! ;) dosnt take many belts to put them off. also most the fence energiser's i have used pulse between 1.2 and 0.7 seconds

That sounds pretty low, surely a dog can jump a couple of feet easily.

To jump over the fence, the dog must first understand that the shock is from the fence and not above it.

I saw a TV program where a Big Cat (lion?) was confined by a fairly low electric fence for years. Then one day she saw another animal jump over it. The new animal "knew" just that you jump over fences and didn't know about the shocks on this one. After seeing this a few times, the lion figured it out.

well no one said anything about the dog jumping!! just digging. but if you get the dog to brush against the fence especialy with its ears it wont go anywhere near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back