Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fence chargers made with ignition coils are easily shorted out by intent or by weeds. A metal rod lightly stuck in the ground and then touched to the fence will short them out. The secondary resistance of ignition coils may be as high as 10k ohms. A low impedance commercial 12 volt or solar charger have under 20 ohms and are much harder to defeat. I don't see how one strand would slow down intruders. I have found multiple stands can help with trespassers and stop crimes of opportunity-- calves don't disappear anymore.

Last edited:
A metal rod lightly stuck in the ground and then touched to the fence will short them out
I don't think his pets are that clever. ;)

P.P.S. If you want to learn the techniques of proper peeing visit me in Thailand: 102 Moo 9 Lampasak, T. Dong Mon Lek, Mueang Phetchabun, 67000 Phetchabun, Thailand.
This'll be a good reason for a Malaysian to come over to Thai.. I think it's just 15 hours from KL on the lane.. haha! You might see me some day Hans. My bro-in-law's from Narathiwat, I certainly might follow him sometime to visit his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back