Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric circuit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkarir

Hello all,
Yesterday i had exam at electronics and i failed at it, the reason was i didn't know how to solve correctly electric circuits. Our exam contains 2 theories and 2 circuits electric problem, one is a continuous circuit and the other a alternative circuit.

We usually solve circuits with Kirchoff Laws/The Branch-Current Method.
But at the first step i did something that i didn't quite understand.
Below is a photo how the circuit was looking, someone told that all the elements which are on the conductor line must be cut from the circuit and also the circuit must be disconnected from the source, after that i should apply the The Branch-Current Method/Kirchoff.

I started all wrong resolving the circuit for the fact i didn't know to disconnect and cut what??:confused: i don't know how the circuit will look after i do this operations:confused:

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi,

That's a dependent voltage source. Funny thing is, there is no indication where the controlling source comes from. Dependent voltage sources are either current controlled or voltage controlled, and i dont see either on this drawing. Those rounded haze bunches are hard to interpret though. Current source and a resistor maybe, or two current sources? Who knows :)

Yes, you need to help us by posting a clear, unambiguous diagram if you want us to help you.

Hello,

Yes, that's a dependant voltage source (dependant current sources have an arrow instead of plus/minus).

I believe the Picasso drawings on the right are inductors, but I know more about Impressionism than I do about Cubism.

In other words, would you like to upload a propper schematic with standard symbols, labelled, preferably with values? It's a good habit to have (at the very least, for upcoming tests)

Last edited:
I know more about Impressionism than I do about Cubism.

Yes, that may be the closest, the diamond seems to be some form of representational art, perhaps a minimalist bridge rectifier - a symbol of a symbol, so to speak. And yet the overall rectangular geometry gives it an almost Mondrian quality (save for the monochrome aspect), which is certainly non-representational. The expressive squiggles on the right seem to speak of the artist's frustrations with the medium itself, rendered in such a fashion as to leave the casual viewer with the impression of an angry scrawl, but the more careful observer finds those squiggles deconstruct to a series of exacting ellipses of random width, height and spacing. I'm thinking late Paul Klee for some reason.

He should enter the diagram in an art competition accompanied by Duffy's post #6 which explains the finer points of the work.

If he did that, he would probably win the first prize.

Last edited:
I find duffy's post so amusing that i read it again and again and again. I couldn't imagine how his/her brain cells worked to come up with that very fascinating explanation. :D

^ Both of my parents were art professors. I was the kid in primary school complaining that there wasn't enough black crayon to get a decent chiaroscuro, and suggesting a pointillist technique with fingerpaint would be memorable in later years when your hands were too big to do it.

Last edited:
Hello,

I believe the Picasso drawings on the right are inductors, but I know more about Impressionism than I do about Cubism.

No, that drawing shows dizzy electrons. :eek:

Hello all,
Yesterday i had exam at electronics and i failed at it
All in all we are not surprised!
As the OP has not visted this site since 1 hour after his humourous post, I suggest that we just let this die a death and sink into the depths of the ETO bit bucket. (Probably to be resurected in three years time by a new one-time poster offering a solution).

JimB

Duffy's post is the funniest thing in electronics I have seen all year. Go Duffy and thanks for cheering up my day!:)

i advise you to upload a new schematic with more symbols, that s would be more simple to explain

thanks

Heh - thanks! I knew my art critique abilities would come in useful some day. :D

My other superpower is to take a half-read article from Popular Mechanics and pretend I'm the world's leading authority on astrophysics or whatever. Anybody need that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back