Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electret mics, can 2 or more be wired in parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make this more clear 5mm electret mic does work OK if i only want to hear people talking in a room but 5mm mic will not pick up people talking 2 blocks down the street with my 386 amp. The reason I use ear phones is because it blocks out all other sounds so I only hear what I am aiming at. If I aim 5mm electret mic at people talking 600 ft away I can not hear them but 10mm electret mic works good. With a little extra help using a cardboard cone 10mm electret mic makes people far away sound like they are only 3 ft away but 5mm electret mic will not do that. Sport stadium 1 mile away 5mm electret mic hears nothing, 10mm electret mic hears the crowd, 10mm with cardboard cone I hear lots of people talking. After dark I can slowly rotate cardboard cone in a 360 degree circle i can find people that are apparently setting in the back yard, on patio or deck relaxing & talking I have no clue where they are but they sound like they are only 3 ft away. We went camping for 3 days I aim 10mm electret mic with cone at people in a boat on other side of the lake I hear everything they say. I hear everyone in the camp ground there are lots of people setting round the camp fire talking 40 ft to 200 yards away. 2 women standing in front of restroom 400 ft away, 1 woman says, this bathroom has no toilet paper but the other restroom does. So I told my wife to take toilet paper restroom is out. This project is not only FUN but useful too.

I am creepy too.
I had an extra sensitivity setting added in my hearing aids so that I can snoop on what people far away are saying.
The first time I tried it in a mall I heard someone behind be say, "Hi John" so I turned around but nobody was there. It was a woman at the far away other end of the mall on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back