Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elcheapo Batterybank

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Guy's,

Speaking with a mate last week about traction batteries and today a truck rocked up with a box of 12 off 2 volt 1000AH traction batteries. a tad under 3 years old and still in good nic. The box weighs about 750kg's and taking a few caps off saw the electrolyte was low. 24 litres later got all the plates covered so gave them a good charge with my 80 amp traction charger I use on my main house array. After a 3 hour run the current dropped to around 25 amps and one could hear bubbling so I let the genset run out of fuel and tested the set an hour later, 28.1 volts. Hooked them up to my house array and unload the house load they are sitting on 27.9 volts( 4 hours of use). I reckon I got a good score with these as after 8 years my 600AH sonnenshein bank is starting to show some wear.

View attachment 65831

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
Definately a good score!

Can't imagine a use for them in the UK but they'd certainly make a mess of a dropped spanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back