Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EICO Model 565 VOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

Does anyone have a circuit drawing that I can use to repair an EICO 565?

I bought a kit for this VOM in college the meter worked great until my brother distroyed it.

I found an EICO Model 565 VOM at a yard sale this summer for $5 the guy said it does not work right so I was hoping to fix it. After testing it everything seems to work ok expect AC volts I checked the voltage of a 6 VAC transformer and the Meter says 180 Volts. My house voltage checks about 1000 volts AC.

I did an online search for a circuit drawing but no luck yet. It is irritating to click links for EICO Model 565 circuit drawings and Real Estate For Sale in Florida comes up.

I found a place called, Radio Era Archives the only way I can search to see if they have a circuit drawing is sign up and pay them $38.97.

Does anyone here own an EICO Model 565 VOM and have the circuit drawing??

Last edited:
gary,
thanks to Lp for the diagram.
It looks to me like the meter you have is a copy of a Simpson. It seems to have the same ranges.
Its a pity about your brother, BUT. Is the meter movement in this meter functioning? If so, you may be lucky now you have a circuit.
Switch D is the DC volts and mA range selection; R19,18,17,25 are the volts standards and R16 is the 2.5 volt standard. This is 48 K ohm and when added to the 2000 ohm meter movement resistance gives 50,000 ohm. For a 20,000 ohm per volt sensitivity, this is the correct value for a 2.5 volt range.
switch A is for selecting the ohm range. R1 is for the ohm x 1 range; It is 11.5 ohm but the residual wiring and switch resistance is taken to be about 1 ohm so the total resistance in the ohm x 1 circuit is 12.5 ohm. This is the ohms value at the 50% deflection point on the meter scale. R1 plus R2 plus R3 adds to close to 1250 ohm for the ohm x 100 range.
Switch 2, B1/A1 position is DC/Ohm ranges. position B2/A2 is AC volts. Position B3/A3 is for AC measurements where there is a DC level on the AC signal. The capacitor C1 removes the DC component.
switch AB has the AC voltage range setting resistors.
I'll keep a watch on this thread for you.
Hope you get it all going OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back