Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EEVBlog arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow man, SO had enough of that place and the dude who runs it. Really HUGE ego and little sense.

upload_2017-2-17_6-48-34.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Wow, what happened?
This should probably be in general Members Lounge section.

**broken link removed**ow man, SO had enough of that place and the dude who runs it. Really HUGE ego and little sense.
It is amazing some of the goings on on certain sites- I find it quite amusing but do not understand it. But, it must be a pig if you are trying to get an answer to a simple question.

You will find ETO to be much more polite, objective, and, helpful. Also, there are a load of knowledgeable members in a wide range of areas who are pleased to help out.:cool:

spec

So, gw, what did you do to deserve the ban? If you start insulting people or are rude in general, then you probably deserve a ban. That's how forums work.

I didn't know that GW had been banned- that puts a different complexion on the matter.:wideyed:

spec

He attached a link to the "W" in the beginning of the post (a sneaky way to put it through, I must say).

I edited the original post so that the link is pulled out and easier for the members to see. Best that everyone has all of the information.

EDIT: Changed it to a screenshot instead. Better than linking to an unsecure page.

Last edited:
As well as the electronics and the company, I quite like the unobtrusive but firm moderation, which is quite different to certain other sites.

It also amuses me when a newcomer tries it on with one of the ETO big guns (no names), but the funniest is the cold shoulder, where someone who trolls just gets ignored and they effectively wither on the vine.:smug:

spec

I have to say, we haven't had any trolls for quite some time now.

Good job, mods :cool:!

Wow man, SO had enough of that place and the dude who runs it. Really HUGE ego and little sense.

View attachment 104363

Hi,

I did not see what happened either as i did not see that 'banned' status until just now.

So what caused this? You should show us some links or something so we can follow what brought this on, or just explain in your own words. I say this because a ban is sometimes employed for a good reason but you may not understand that reason at first. Perhaps you violated their TOS, or perhaps someone there banned you by mistake, or perhaps someone just got over zealous with their moderator status :)
See, any of these conditions could have caused this problem so you have to show some explanation if you want anyone here to understand what exactly happened there.

It could also be that the name "Guest" is not allowed on that site. That sounds too generic so maybe try to register with a different name. This is just a guess on my part as the member "Guest" does not even appear on their member list.

Last edited:
Apologies, it was around 5am when I made this thread, was just fed up and certainly didn't mean to link to the place - must have been a finger fumble, oops. I don't feel it's productive to continue this thread further, it'll just remind of somewhere I'm very relieved not to be.

Don't like drama, I like technology and happiness - I started this thread impulsively, may I please request it be removed or locked, as I do not wish to remind myself of that forum when I am on a much nicer one? Thanks.

I think sheer frustration and irritation is why I posted this silly thread, and I have no wish to discuss it further, I know I'm welcome here and the general tone here just speaks volumes about how much more level headed and calm you all are.

Sorry to have wasted forum space and time on this, it's fruitless and would lead to nothing positive to continue. Let me just summarise my experience without being rude or negative; when you're in a place surrounded by folk who aspire to be like their "leader" and that "leader" is known for being somewhat contentious, provocative and often intentionally controversial in their manner, with little care for who is offended, it is all too easy to have that tense, defensive and somewhat sycophantic environment rub off on you, which I find really awful as I am a kind and intelligent person and try not to offend people, but it's hard not to become bitter when surrounded by a general air of being allowed to say what you want and stuff anyone's feelings; that saddens me.

Right, let's move on, I'm outa there an all the best to them - I hope they find a better leadership strategy in time, I'm sure they don't set out to be nasty but "leader" I find VERY hard to cope with and forgive, but I must forgive him for my own peace, and move on... WITH ELECTRONICS! :)

Thank you for your time.

Certainly GW, I will close this thread. I also do not see it going anywhere that would be useful to future readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back