Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eeprom compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOEZE

I'm planning a circuit incorporating a pic proc and a 24c512. The thing is I find it very hard to find this specific part. I can however get hold of a 24lc512 eeprom. I cannot find any differences in pinout or whatever.

Are these interchangeable or do i need to make alterations to the program.

EJK

KOEZE said:
I'm planning a circuit incorporating a pic proc and a 24c512. The thing is I find it very hard to find this specific part. I can however get hold of a 24lc512 eeprom. I cannot find any differences in pinout or whatever.

Are these interchangeable or do i need to make alterations to the program.

EJK

The larger EEPROM chips available always seem to be LC rather than C, I don't know why!. Certainly all the LC chips I've used in place of C chips have all worked fine.

Thank you very much Nigel. I suspected this much since the datasheet is the same for both of them with microchip.

EJK

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back