Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edit or delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

It has happened reapeatedly that attempting to edit a post the software jumps to deletion.

Editing is possible on the second attempt.

Anybody else made the same experience?

Hans

It has happened reapeatedly that attempting to edit a post the software jumps to deletion.

Editing is possible on the second attempt.

Anybody else made the same experience?

Hans

hi Hans,
Just tried an Edit, no problems.:)

EDIT:
And another edit, all OK.

Last edited:
hi Hans,
Just tried an Edit, no problems.:)

EDIT:
And another edit, all OK.

Hi Eric,

present on all channels. :)

I would say the chance to edit is fifty/fifty on the first attempt. It happened again yesterday. Maybe you'll experience that failure too. You could click edit even if you don't intend to do so and see what happens.

Hans

Hi Eric,

present on all channels. :)

I would say the chance to edit is fifty/fifty on the first attempt. It happened again yesterday. Maybe you'll experience that failure too. You could click edit even if you don't intend to do so and see what happens.

Hans
hi Hans,
I'll edit this within the magic hour.. see what happens..:p

EDIT #1: at 07:45 BST, no problems.

EDIT #2: at 07:55, no problemo!

EDIT: #3 at 08:07, OK

Last edited:
Edit or delete

Hi ElektroMaster,

I'm using Windows xp (German edition) and Microsoft Internet Explorer, sometimes Mozilla Fire Fox.

Today I had the offers of five deletions in sequence trying to edit. The edit was very small (just adding a closing bracket). I left the threat completely, jumped to another forum and after I returned the EDIT worked OK.

Regards

Hans

Edit or delete

the problem is persistant.

Maybe you need to reinstall your MSXML dll file. I had something like that happen to me berore, not exact same, but close. The link explains what version and such you need.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/269238

Hans, do you get the same results with FireFox?

Torben

Thats a good question.

Edit or delete

Hi Mike and Torben,

no, I haven't tried using fire fox yet.

Thanks for the hint. Funny enough this only happens at this forum. So I guess my OS is OK.

A possible reason might be the superslow internet connection using a wireless modem with a crooked USB interface. Max. download speed 38kbps (upload 14kbps). No ADSL cables on the country side here, just rotten aluminum cables good for 50bps. :) I'll try a satellite thing next month using "IpStar"

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back