Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edifier X600 speaker circuit burnt components identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awais Muhammad

Hi friends,
My edifier X600 speaker stopped working, only green led working, so I opened it up and found some components in bad shape (probably burned). I can solder and do basic stuff but I can't identify those components on my on . A little help to identify those components is what I'm looking for. Here is a close up snapshot of the pcb.

The photos are a bit fuzzy but some of the resistors appear to be brown-black-gold banded.

If that is the case, they are one ohm.

It looks like the same cluster of three resistors and one capacitor is duplicated - can you get a better photo of yours, with the capacitor pushed back slightly so the other resistor is also visible?

See here for info on the colour coding used on resistors (and quite a few other components).
**broken link removed**

The photos are a bit fuzzy but some of the resistors appear to be brown-black-gold banded.

If that is the case, they are one ohm.

It looks like the same cluster of three resistors and one capacitor is duplicated - can you get a better photo of yours, with the capacitor pushed back slightly so the other resistor is also visible?

See here for info on the colour coding used on resistors (and quite a few other components).
**broken link removed**
Hi rjenkinsgb, thank you for your reply. Do you think both of the big capacitors are also done? Or seems like they've leaked fluid which is spread all over. Regarding resistors, I think i understand now, there 5 is a set of one Capacitor and resistor and then there are four identical resistors parallel to that.

Hi rjenkinsgb, thank you for your reply. Do you think both of the big capacitors are also done? Or seems like they've leaked fluid which is spread all over. Regarding resistors, I think i understand now, there 5 is a set of one Capacitor and resistor and then there are four identical resistors parallel to that.

The capacitors haven't 'leaked', it's simply glue that's there to secure the capacitors.

The 1 ohm resistors appear to feeding the sockets next to them, which are presumably the external speaker sockets? - so it's most likely the amplifier for that channel has blown, and the resistors burn up to (hopefully) protect the speakers.

The capacitors haven't 'leaked', it's simply glue that's there to secure the capacitors.

The 1 ohm resistors appear to feeding the sockets next to them, which are presumably the external speaker sockets? - so it's most likely the amplifier for that channel has blown, and the resistors burn up to (hopefully) protect the speakers.
So which components do i need to replace to get it working again?

and how can i check if amplifier is burnt? it looks fine physically though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back