ECU project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I went back to see the person who initiated these inquiries, he has now purchased a small hand held unit which can be plugged ito a vehicle's OBD2 port and it will give him error codes which he can look up.
It will also re-set error codes in some way that i am not clear on,
and he seems quite happy with this unit.

However my interest is now aroused in this field of vehicle electronics.
I will be looking further into this stuff for myself.

Regards, John

Nothing is impossible here it is dude.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/engine-control-unit-ecu-for-efi-engines.125302/

Regards
Asad

I drive at quite a high speed and suddenly, my engine just shuts down.
Me too.
My car has a speed governor that protects the tires but it does not protect me.
I was passing a car (it wasn't slow but it was slower than I wanted) on a two-lane road and a truck was coming towards me. Then the governor shut down the motor.
Luckily the truck drove onto the shoulder of the road and I coasted between the slower car and the truck. Then the motor began running again.

I had a turbo car. The turbo works only when the motor has warmed up. I liked to drive it cold with the accellerator at maximum so I feel the boost when the turbo begins. I felt the boost and the car went faster and faster. Then I saw the flashing lights on the police car behind me. I explained to the officer that it was my wife's car (it really was), that I wasn't familiar with its turbo and he believed me and did not give me a speeding ticket. It did not have a speed governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…