Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECU project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I went back to see the person who initiated these inquiries, he has now purchased a small hand held unit which can be plugged ito a vehicle's OBD2 port and it will give him error codes which he can look up.
It will also re-set error codes in some way that i am not clear on,
and he seems quite happy with this unit.

However my interest is now aroused in this field of vehicle electronics.
I will be looking further into this stuff for myself.

Regards, John :)

Hi, if you mean ECU as Engine Control Unit, forget about it. In the automotive world, it takes 2 years to develop such system. The design stage would probably runs up to 6 months and 1 1/2 years for testings and redesign. Yes, you can connect ECU to a PC or Laptop using CANcards with CANoe software.

But if it is Electronic Control Unit, mainly controlling something, you can do PC interfacing for that.

Nothing is impossible here it is dude.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/engine-control-unit-ecu-for-efi-engines.125302/

Regards
Asad

I drive at quite a high speed and suddenly, my engine just shuts down.
Me too.
My car has a speed governor that protects the tires but it does not protect me.
I was passing a car (it wasn't slow but it was slower than I wanted) on a two-lane road and a truck was coming towards me. Then the governor shut down the motor.
Luckily the truck drove onto the shoulder of the road and I coasted between the slower car and the truck. Then the motor began running again.

I had a turbo car. The turbo works only when the motor has warmed up. I liked to drive it cold with the accellerator at maximum so I feel the boost when the turbo begins. I felt the boost and the car went faster and faster. Then I saw the flashing lights on the police car behind me. I explained to the officer that it was my wife's car (it really was), that I wasn't familiar with its turbo and he believed me and did not give me a speeding ticket. It did not have a speed governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back